in the meantime, a meme found in zephyrcrow's journal from the day before yesterday (have I ever mentioned that my friends and I used to make questionnaires for each other in middle school? we did. I seem not to have outgrown at least part of this phase):
1. Elaborate on your default icon.
it's me in my favorite hat, which is brown, but we are illuminated by a red bulb and a blue bulb which together make a light violet or pink light, depending on where one is sitting/standing.
2. What's your current relationship status?
I am committed to my cats and to my friends. I am
3. Ever have a near-death experience?
I've been in situations where I thought I might die, but I've never done the floating-at-the-ceiling-over-the-body routine.
4. Name an obvious quality you have.
with the exception of loving to write and disseminate what I write, I am introverted.
5. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
Lady Gaga, "Dance in the Dark." you thought it was going to be something else, didn't you?
6. Name a celebrity you would marry.
I am not the marrying kind. I would like it if Patti Smith adopted me as a little brother or something along those lines though.
7. Who will cut and paste this first?
I doubt that anyone will, even one single time.
8. Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity?
once upon a time I looked like Leonardo Dicaprio, according to some. I think I've gotten past that stage now, or at least I hope. no one has compared me to a celebrity recently. anyone want to take a swing at it?
9. Do you wear a watch? What kind?
I bought this cheap blingy watch on Mission Street about two months ago with a skull on the face of it and a wide leather band with a short chain hanging off it because if it has a chain hanging off it it has to go on my body.
10. Do you have anything pierced?
just my left ear. I have designs on other parts of my body but am a bit shy about asking someone else to do it. I'd do it myself if I couldn't see that one sizeable blood vessel crossing one of the proposed sites. this is TMI, btw. you just can't tell.
11. Do you have any tattoos?
no. I don't know if I'll ever get one unless someone takes me to a tattoo parlor for my birthday. ahem.
12. Do you like pain?
13. Do you like to shop?
I adore shopping and have suffered greatly from being able to do very little of it the last 18 months. these days it is a victory to be able to afford a new watch battery. today I may buy another salmon burrito--may the gods forgive me.
14. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Santiago's vet bill.
15. What was the last thing you paid for with your credit / debit card?
Santiago's other vet bill.
16. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
actually spoke to rather than exchanging voicemails? the receptionist at Mission Pet Hospital.
17. What is on your desktop background?
a graphic composition that I made by scanning a page of writing into photoshop and cutting and pasting the words into different color channels.
18. What is the background on your cell phone?
a pic I took of a pile of discarded Whippits on Folsom Street. someone had quite a night.
19. Do you like redheads?
much as I like anyone with hair.
20. Do you know any twins?
21. Do you have any weird relatives?
I am the weird relative.
22. What was the last movie you watched?
A Zen Life: D.T. Suzuki
23. What was the last book you read?
I'm going to assume we don't mean "finished" but "picked up and read words off the page before falling asleep with it in my lap": The Literature of Ancient Sumer. yes I am a nerd. surely you know this already.