1. What time did you get up this morning? 10
2. Diamonds or Pearls? black pearls of course
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Million Dollar Baby. Clint Eastwood is quite the sentimental old coot.
4. What is your favorite TV show? I'm still making my way through South Park's fourth season. They'd better put out number five very soon. although I did get all four seasons of Red Dwarf the other day and that has made me happy happy.
5. What did you have for breakfast? I haven't had breakfast yet. it will either be cereal or cookies.
6. What is your middle name? Martin. you all know this already
7. What is your favorite cuisine? as though you have to ask. mexican of course. italian a close second although I rarely eat italian food as it is always unthinkable not to have a burrito for dinner.
8. What foods do you dislike? brussels sprouts. the one food I hated in childhood which I still hate. I will eat almost anything else as long as you don't try to feed me chocolate covered insects.
9. What is your favorite chip flavor? cajun or barbque
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? there are so many but I'd say I'm digging Xiu Xiu's Knife Play the most right now.
11. What type of car do your drive? being a city carshare member I have a choice but generally I drive one of their Scion xA's or a Beetle. If I need to haul items too large for the backseat I take a Jetta Wagon. I haven't tried out their Toyota Tacoma yet. need excuse like having to haul plywood or something.
12. Favorite sandwich: reuben. if there is no vegetarian version on offer I will blithely go for the carnivorous one even though I claim to be vegetarian. fact is I am vegetarian about 29 days out of the month. except this month although I haven't gone to have sausage yet.
13. What characteristic do you despise? being judgmental. or being judgmental out loud. if you keep it to yourself I need not know. certainly I've had my moments when I've been glad I do not have Tourette's.
14. Favorite item of clothing? oh my god how can I choose. you all know I've become a clothes horse since discovering macy's mens right? although right now my favorite item seems to be the very cheap and already falling apart fleece lined dark brown corduroy western style jacket I bought from old slavey I mean old navy at christmas time. I feel terribly guilty about shopping there but goddammit whenever I do they have exactly what I am looking for at ridiculously low prices. still I only allow myself to enter their store once every two years or so.
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris, somewhere in the southern part of Chile, and Alaska. maybe not all on the same vacation.
16. What color is your bathroom? purple, gray, blue, green, and white. some resident years ago thought this scheme would be creative I guess. s and I are too lazy to do anything about it. or too busy. that sounds better. we have more important things to worry about.
17. Favorite brand of clothing? Kenneth Cole, Levi's
18. Where would you retire to? I'd retire right here if I became rich in the next twenty years. otherwise Vancouver BC or simply Seattle. unless I see some place on that long vacation that suits my fancy.
19. Favorite time of day? that part right after the first cup of coffee when the world seems new and full of promise.
20. What was your most memorable birthday? my 30th birthday where we threw a party in the warehouse and 60 people showed up. that was the height of my popularity I guess. only about 20 people made it to my 40th
21. Where were you born? Puyallup WA. you should have heard GA residents try to pronounce it.
22. Favorite sport to watch? baseball although it makes me nervous.
23. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? well this was originally an email meme but now it's passed to lj so I'd say the person least likely to post it in their own journal would be lisagail. I don't think she's ever done a meme of any kind.
24. Person you expect to send it back first? zyrc is somewhat meme-ish so I'll guess her.
25. Coke or Pepsi? Calistoga fizzy water or Reed's Extra Ginger Brew
26. Are you a morning person or night owl? both, kinda. it occurs to me that I should sleep from noon to 8pm as that is the most depressing part of the day. lisagail will remember when we tried something like this but our neurotransmitters would hear nothing of it.
27. Do you have any pets? Jackson and Santiago are officially under my care while Harold, Peanut, Syd, Morgan, and the clan of four whose names I can't seem to learn are under Sandy's supervision.
28. Any new and exciting news you would like to share with your family and friends? god no. I am waiting patiently but anxiously for the day that I can say "I finished the dissertation!" I did write three paragraphs on Monday. will I finish by December at that pace?
29. What did you want to be when you were little? a flight attendant (they were called stewardesses back then). then I wanted to be a rancher/cowboy. shortly after I figured out who got the short end of the stick in the wild west I decided to be an indian instead but it didn't occur to my wee child's brain that "indian" is not an occupation unless you are an activist or something. kind of like "queer." oh and in the sixties I wanted to be a hippy. is it any wonder I ended up in San Francisco doing drugs.
oh look. it's not morning anymore. someone should think up a number 30 for this meme to round it out. let me see......
30. What is your favorite memory from the 80s? there are so many. I will pick two: 1. climbing Kennesaw Mountain in the snow with lisagail and subsequently coming down with bronchitis which made my mother very mad that I had gone mountaineering in the snow when I knew I was coming down with something. 2. lying on Margie's roof in Athens higher than any kite ever, giggling at the night sky and wondering if I was about to go insane but in an unbearably pleasurable way.