1. You have $10 and need to buy snacks at a gas station; what do you buy?
a liter of fizzy water if they sell it; regular water if not. 1 can of Rock Star Energy Drink, which costs about 1/4 of that $10. To eat I'd find the closest thing to trail mix or granola bars that they had, unless I was feeling my sugar jones in which case I'd get some disgusting breakfast pastry covered in sugar, preferably with some sort of "fruit" center or topping.
2. If you had to be reincarnated as some sort of sea dwelling creature, what would you be?
it's a baby shrimp of some sort. I like it because it looks like it was designed by a three-year-old with a crayon.
3. Who's your favorite redhead?
me! well really only my beard is red. my hair has red highlights in the right sort of light on those occasions that I allow it to grow.
4. What do you order when you're at a pancake house?
pancakes with some sort of berry syrup or french toast. and lots of really bad coffee.
5. Do you own any... naughty toys?
yes I do.
do you want a list or something?
6. Have you made out with anyone on your friend's list?
yes I have. the first time we made out was 23 years ago. I have a funny feeling this question is not meant for those who have already had long term relationships.
7. Describe your favorite pair of underwear:
the cheapie plaid boxers you can buy on mission street. they are actually yarn-dyed and not printed plaid and hold their color through multiple washings. they cost about $1 a pair, I think. maybe $2.
8. Describe the last time you were injured:
my elbow still hurts. I don't know if it's an injury or just some idiopathic swelling of joint tissue. you realize that it started hurting while I was doing laundry so it is possible that I hurt myself folding pants.
9. Are there any odd things that make you feel comfortable?
I can't fall asleep until santiago has his head on my shoulder. I don't know if that is so odd, but I suspect the degree to which I seriously cannot fall asleep without him might be a little odd.
10. Favorite breakfast food:
cereal and milk. favorite dessert too.
11. Tell me a weird story from your high school years:
the day I had this photo taken--it was my official senior year photo that I sent out to the relatives--I later changed clothes but left on the makeup cause I wasn't aware that you could just wash it right off if you wanted and then went and drank 32oz of Schlitz Malt Liquor in Kennesaw National Battlefield Park with my best friend and got falling down drunk for the first time ever. while drunk we went to the mall where I ran into two girls I had met at the girls' bible camp run by the southern baptist convention somewhere up in the north georgia mountains. I could barely speak and was fairly sure they could smell the booze. I think you could say that my descent into debauchery was officially kicked off that night.
12. What is the wallpaper on your cell phone?
truly uninteresting because the old virgin mobile phone I have doesn't have custom wallpapers.
lime fizzy water. sugar ruins it.
14. Flavor of pudding?
banana. oh my god would I love some southern-style banana pudding right now.
15. What type of shirt are you wearing?
black hoodie under which are the many layers of my pajama ensemble.
16. Prescription medication?:
the more the merrier.
17. If you could use only one form of transportation for the rest of your life what would it be?
I'm going to assume that I could still walk if I chose something else for "transportation." this is really hard because I like the way you can throw things into a van or pickup truck but I prefer driving little sports cars.
fuck it. I'd want a horse.
18. How many people are on your friends list?
73 but three of them have deleted their journals. I never bother to discard those in case they change their minds.
19. How many people on your list do you know?
define "know." I've met and hung out at least once with about 25. a number of my closest friends are on there; I'd say about 8. and then there are the handful whom I feel like I know but have never met in "real" life.
20. What are you listening to right now?
the fan in my laptop and the cats scrambling around like there is a fly in here or something.
21. Most recent movie you watched
Hiroshima mon amour, with my class.
22. Name 5 things you have with you at all times:
- the flash usb drive with my dissertation and autobiography on it
- the prescription drugs someone would steal if they broke into my house
- an ever-shifting strategy to avoid interaction with strangers
- an intense appreciation for the way light bounces off things and hits me in the eyes
- a deep, subtle feeling of utter exhaustion
23. Would you rather give or receive a foot massage?
I'm not so much into the feet. they'd have to be really clean for me to massage them but I'd prefer a nice deep shoulder and neck massage for myself.
24. Name a teacher you had the hots for.
see this is where I should list the gym teacher because if you were a lesbian you were supposed to fall in love with your gym teacher. but of all my teachers in high school I think Mr Strozier was my favorite because he had the dryest sense of humor I'd ever encountered and looking back on his mannerisms and style of speech, I'm pretty sure he was gay. that must have been fun in marietta ga in the 70s.
25. What is a saying that you use a lot?
"oh for crying out loud"
I have no clue as to etymology of this expression.
26. What's one piece of advice that you think should be passed on to every child?
don't believe everything your parents tell you. in fact, you should probably believe very little of what they say and start fact-checking very early on in the relationship.